Automated Alerts & Status
Alerts monitors key application tasks, such as import (devices, ADT or orders interfaces), output to the host information system(s) and system functions at user-defined polling intervals. Exceeding defined thresholds triggers QML to send an alert to one or more individuals notifying them of a potential problem so investigation and action can occur to limit the impact. For example, if QML has not successfully sent a result to the host information system in the last 60 minutes, the system sends an alert to the LIS help desk or point of care coordinator. The alert can then be further investigated. The notifications continue to transmit periodically until the condition no longer exists.
The Status function generates a report that can be printed or exported. It includes five sections and addresses all types of interfaces: device, outbound (ADT passthrough), inbound (ADT or orders), result (to a host information system), and application acknowledgements (from a host information system, if available). The statuses on the report are current when the report is initially accessed or refreshed. The WebStatus report provides similar information and is available on-demand from any workstation within the institution’s intranet.
The Alerts function is self-monitoring and monitors the following system functions:
- Device interfaces for files received from each device type
- Interfaces inbound into QML, e.g. ADT or orders
- Live outbound result interfaces
- Application acknowledgements for processing messages received from a host system
- Interfaces outbound from QML, e.g. ADT passthrough
- Device result files waiting to be imported into QML
- System Alerts for system services, e.g. import and output services
The five major components of the Alerts/Status functions are described below.
- The Alerts Service runs as a Windows service and generates email or text notifications based on customer-defined thresholds.
- The Alerts Configuration allows for definition of the conditions for monitoring.
- The Status Service gathers statistics from all running processes. The statistics are available for viewing by either generating an on-demand report or accessing via internet explorer.
- Accessed from the QML Reports menu, the Status Report provides real-time statistics in a format that may be printed or exported.
- The QML WebStatus allows for on-demand viewing via Internet Explorer of the interface status from anywhere on the facility’s intranet.
Minimum requirements necessary for QML Alerts/Status are:
- IIS Version 6 or greater
- SQL Server Management
- SMTP Host, email address and credentials